The Moselle area is no doubt one of ” THE ” hidden gems for cycling in Europe !
Any season should be good for a trip, Autumn is no doubt magical with all the different colors. Expect breathtaking views and quiet roads through the vineyards surrounding the city of Trier, South East of Le Coffee Ride, in Germany, next to the Luxembourg border.
Route & GPX links below
After settling in Trier the first stage along the Moselle will take you on the North East side of the city. The itinerary goes along the river but also up and down the hills covered with vines. Around October, the trees get colored in orange and yellow offering a stunning landscape.
The first itinerary is shorter, allowing you to travel, get ready and particularly stop many times during the ride to enjoy the excitement of the discovery.
After this first stage you might be happy to enjoy the city vibes, tasting the local wine and of course a typical schnitzel.
Find specialty coffee in Trier at Balott Coffee
The route take off on the same side of the valley, but this time a bit further in order to reach one particularly breathtaking view on a delta plane take off point, and going down on a scenery lace road down to the small city of PIesport for lunch before going back to Trier along the river.
The road going down the view point might be ranked in your top most beautiful roads you’ve had the chance to ride.
Both stages include some quite steep climbs as we go up and forth in the winiards, but the views are really worth it.
- Trier is only 1h30 away from Le Coffee Ride, 2h from Liège and 3h from Brussels. The area is easy to reach as it is located next to the highway
- You can get a total sense of disconnection, amazing views, quiet roads close to the city life in Trier
- The region is particularly wonderful in Spring and Autumn, showing off amazing colors
- Trier is a nice starting spot, you’re quickly out in the nature and you can enjoy the city vibes between the rides
- Many more itineraries can easily be made in the area for a longer stay
- If you travel with a van, this is the perfect destination for a mini trip, it seems easy to find a quiet spot to park
Route & GPX :